Standard Conditions of Contract
Where appropriate, for 'printer' read 'binder'
1. Price Variation Estimates are based on the printer's current costs of production and, unless otherwise agreed, are subject to amendment on or at any time after acceptance to meet any rise or fall in such costs.
2. Tax Except in the case of a customer who is not contracting in the course of a business nor holding himself out as doing so, the printer reserves the right to charge the amount of any value added tax payable whether or not included on the estimate or invoice.
3. Preliminary work All work carried out, whether experimentally or otherwise, at customer's request shall be charged.
4. Copy A charge may be made to cover any additional work involved where copy supplied is not clear and legible.
5. Proofs Proofs of all work may be submitted for customer's approval and the printer shall incur no liability for any errors not corrected by the customer in proofs so submitted. Customer's alterations and additional proofs necessitated thereby shall be charged extra. When style, type or layout is left to the printer's judgment, changes therefrom made by the customer shall be charged extra.
6. Delivery and payment (a) Delivery of work shall be accepted when tendered and thereupon or, or if earlier, on notification that the work has been completed the ownership shall pass and payment shall become due.
(b) Unless otherwise specified the price quoted is for delivery of the work to the customer's address as set out in the estimate. A charge may be made to cover any extra costs involved for delivery to a different address.
(c) Should expedited delivery be agreed an extra may be charged to cover any overtime or any additional costs involved.
(d) Should work be suspended for a period of 30 days the printer shall then be entitled to payment for work already carried out, materials specially ordered and other additional costs including storage.
7. Variations in quantity Every endeavour will be made to deliver the correct quantity ordered, but estimates are conditional upon margins of 5 per cent for work in one colour only 10 per cent for other work being allowed for overs or shortage (4 per cent and 8 per cent respectively for quantities exceeding 50,000) the same to be charged or deducted.
8. Claims Advice of damage, delay or partial loss of goods in transit or of non-delivery must be given in writing to the printer and the carrier within in three clear days of delivery (or, in the case of non-delivery, within 28 days of despatch of the goods) and any claim in respect thereof must be made in writing to the printer and the carrier within seven clear days of delivery (or, in the case of non-delivery, within 42 days of despatch). All other claims must be made in writing to the printer within 28 days of delivery. The printer shall not be liable in respect of any claim unless the aforementioned requirements have been compiled with except in any particular case where the customer proves that (i) it was not possible to comply with the requirements and (ii) advice (where required) was given and the claim made as soon as reasonable possible.
9. Liability The printer shall not liable for any loss to the customer arising from delay in transit not caused by the printer.
10. Standing material (a) Metal, film, glass and other materials owned by the printer and used by him in the production of type, plates, moulds, stereotypes, elctrotypes, film-setting, negatives, positives and the like shall remain his exclusive property. Such items when supplied by the customer shall remain the customer's property.
(b) Type may be distributed and lithographic, photogravure or other work effaced immediately after the order is executed unless written arrangements are made to the contrary. In the latter event, rent may be charged.
11. Customer's property (a) Except in the case of a customer who is not contracting in the course of a business nor holding himself out as doing so, customer's property and all property supplied to the printer by or on behalf of the customer shall while it is in the possession of the printer or in transit to or from the customer be deemed to be at customer's risk unless otherwise agreed and the customer should insure accordingly.
(b) The printer shall be entitled to make a reasonable charge for the storage of any customers property left with the printer before receipt of the order or after notification to the customer of completion of the work.
12. Materials supplied by the customer (a) The printer may reject any paper, plates or other materials supplied or specified by the customer which appear to him to be unsuitable. Additional cost incurred if materials are found to be unsuitable during protection may be charged except that if the whole or any part of such additional cost could have been avoided but for unreasonable delay by the printer in ascertaining the unsuitability of the materials then the amount shall not be charged to the customer.
(b) Where materials are so supplied or specified, the printer will take every care to secure the best results, but responsibility will not be accepted for imperfect work caused by defects in or unsuitable of materials so supplied or specified.
(c) Quantities of materials supplied shall be adequate to cover normal spoilage.
13. Insolvency If the customer ceases to pay his debts in the ordinary course of business or cannot pay his debts as they become due or being a company is deemed to be unable to pay his debts or has a winding-up petition issued against it or being a person commits an act of bankruptcy or has a bankruptcy issued against him, the printer without prejudice to other remedies shall
(i) have the right not to proceed further with the contract or any other work already carried out (whether completed or not) and materials purchased for the customer, such charge to be an immediate debt due to him, and
(ii) in respect of all unpaid debts due from the customer have a general lien on all goods and property in his possession (whether worked on or not ) and shall be entitled on the expiration of 14 days' notice to dispose of such goods or property in such manner and at such price as he thinks fit and to apply the proceeds towards such debts.
14. Illegal matter (a) The printer shall not be required to print any matter which in his opinion is or may be of an illegal or libellous nature or an infringement of the proprietary or other rights of any third party.
(b) The printer shall be indemnified by the customer in respect of any claims, costs and expenses arising out of any libellous matter or any infringement of copyright, patent, design or of any other proprietary or personal rights contained in any material printed for the customer. The indemnity shall extend to any amounts paid on a lawyer's advice in settlement of any claim.
15. Periodical publications A contract for the printing of a periodical publication may not be terminated by either party unless 13 weeks notice in writing is given in the case of periodicals produced monthly or more frequently or 26 weeks notice in writing is given in the case of periodicals. Notice may be given at any time but wherever possible should be given after completion of work on any one issue. Nevertheless the printer may terminate any such contract forthwith should any sum due thereunder remain unpaid .
16. Force majeure The printer shall be under no liability if he shall be unable to carry out any provision of the contract for any reason beyond his control including (without limiting the foregoing) Act of God, legislation, war, fire, flood, drought, failure of power supply, lock-out, strike or other action taken by employees in contemplation or furtherance of a dispute or owing to any inability to procure materials required for the performance of the contract. During the continuance of such a contingency the customer may by written notice to the printer elect to terminate the contract and pay for work done and materials used, but subject thereto shall otherwise accept delivery when available.
17. Law These conditions and all other express terms of the contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
Security and Privacy
- Your Responsibility
- Customer Information
When you become our customer, you may be asked to provide us with certain information, including your company name, your name, and your e-mail address. This information will be used for unspecified updates and communications about your order, questionnaires to measure your satisfaction, and announcements of new products, services, and special pricing promotions. We use the information we collect to improve the customer experience. We do not share, sell, or otherwise disclose information about our clients to any other party except as required to process and ship purchases.
It is our policy to protect your information from all types of loss, misuse, or alteration. Any artwork files or documents submitted will be treated with respect and the utmost care. Our website has redundant security measures in place to protect against the misuse of information that we control, including credit card numbers. All data is protected using the most advanced methods currently available. However, we remind all customers that no electronic transaction is ever 100% guaranteed safe.
- Cookie Files
- Customer Service
We will communicate with customer users on a regular basis in order to provide superior service. Both our customer service and production teams use email and phone information to communicate with customers about issues relating to their orders.
This website may contain links to other websites. We encourage our customers to be aware that when they leave our website, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites.
- Free Newsletters, Announcements, Contests, and Surveys
We may contact you from time to time to provide you with a free newsletter or to make you aware of special offers, pricing promotions, surveys, or contests. Your participation is strictly voluntary. You may request that your name be removed from our list at any time. Any information we may gather by these means will be used to provide better service and customer-care. We will not share any of this information with others.